Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I use a chip-enabled card?
- How does chip technology provide greater security when I make a purchase?
- Will I have to pay any fees to use a chip-enabled card?
- How do I pay at a chip-enabled terminal?
- How can I tell if a terminal will accept Visa payWave?
- How do I pay using Visa payWave?
- How am I protected if my chip-enabled card with payWave is lost or stolen?
- What is Automatic Payments?
- How do I set up Automatic Payments?
- When will payments made using Automatic Payments be credited to my account?
- Will a payment set up using Automatic Payments be credited to my account if I make another payment?
- How do I cancel or change a payment set up using Automatic Payments or revoke my authorization for Automatic Payments?
- Do you charge any fee to make payments using Automatic Payments?
- What happens to the payments I set up using Automatic Payments if my payment due date changes?
Accessing 1FBUSA Online Services
1. Can I use any computer?
You can access 1FBUSA Online Services from anywhere in the world using a computer with an Internet connection and a Web browser that supports 128-bit encryption. For the best user experience and security on this and many other websites, please upgrade your browser to the latest version.
2. Which Web browser should I use?
To access 1FBUSA Online Services, you must use a Web browser that supports 128-bit encryption. To upgrade your browser, click the appropriate link below.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer - Opens a modal dialog
- Mozilla Firefox - Opens a modal dialog
- Apple Safari - Opens a modal dialog
- Google Chrome - Opens a modal dialog
3. How do I access my account?
You may access your 1st Financial Bank USA account(s) from the 1FBUSA Online Services home page. For your first visit, click the "Register New User" link to enroll. For subsequent visits, just enter your username and password and click the "Log In" button.
4. What are cookies?
Cookies are short pieces of data that a web browser places on the computer you are using to help the website identify returning users to provide these users with customized pages. The 1FBUSA Online Service cookies are not used to collect or store your personal and private information.
Registration and Login
1. How do I register?
Registering for 1FBUSA Online Services is easy! On the 1FBUSA Online Services home page, click the "Register New User" link and follow the instructions. You will be asked to enter your name exactly as it appears on your 1FBUSA account, your social security number, your date of birth and your 1st Financial Bank USA account number. To complete the registration process, provide a username, password, and email address and select a personal image.
2. How do I log in?
Right after you register for 1FBUSA Online Services, you will be logged in automatically. To log in after that, go to the 1FBUSA Online Services home page, enter your username, password and then click the "Log In" button. Then select your Personal Image and click Continue.
3. What if I forget my password, personal image or username?
If you forget your password or personal image, click the "Forgot Password?" link. You will be asked to provide the same information you provided during the registration process, plus your username. Upon submitting the correct information, you will be able to set up a new password and select a new personal image.
If you do not remember your username, please contact Customer Service toll-free at 1-800-733-1732, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm CT and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CT excluding Federal holidays.
4. How do I change my password?
After logging into 1FBUSA Online Services, click the "Profile & Services" tab and the "Change Password" link. You will be asked to provide your username and current password to select a new password.
5. What is my Personal Image?
Your personal image is an image you select during the registration process from a group of various images that is intended, in addition to your username and password, to limit access to your account by unauthorized users. To log into 1FBUSA Online Services, you will need to specify your username, password and personal image.
If you have questions about your personal image, please contact Customer Service toll-free at 1-800-733-1732, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm CT and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CT excluding Federal holidays.
EMV Chip Card with payWave
1. Where can I use a chip-enabled card?
You can use chip-enabled cards at millions of places that accept Visa credit cards, at home and abroad. If a merchant hasn't switched to a new chip card reader, don't worry. Your card still has a magnetic stripe for use at traditional readers.
2. How does chip technology provide greater security when I make a purchase?
Every time you use your card at a chip-enabled terminal, the embedded chip generates a unique transaction code. This prevents stolen data from being fraudulently used.
3. Will I have to pay any fees to use a chip-enabled card?
No. There are no fees to use a chip-enabled card.
4. How do I pay at a chip-enabled terminal?
It's easy to make purchase with your chip-enabled card. Simply insert the chip end of your card into the terminal with the chip facing up. Leave your card in the terminal and follow the prompts on screen. Remove your card from the terminal when prompted, then sign for your purchase and take your receipt.
5. How can I tell if a terminal will accept Visa payWave?
You can use Visa payWave in all the places displaying this "contactless" symbol on their terminal readers:
6. How do I pay using Visa payWave?
To authorize a payment, you must wave your card directly within 1-2 inches of a secure reader that accepts Visa payWave payments, and it must be correctly oriented to be processed. Only the secure readers at authorized merchants can process the information on the cards with Visa payWave.
7. How am I protected if my chip-enabled card with payWave is lost or stolen?
Chip-enabled cards with payWave are protected against unauthorized use by Visa's Zero Liability Policy. You pay absolutely nothing for unauthorized purchases.
1. What is Automatic Payments?Automatic Payments is an easy way to have payments automatically made to your 1FBUSA credit card account each month on your payment due date. There is no need to look for stamps, remember every month to make a payment, or worry about how long it will take for your payment to arrive by mail. We do not charge any fee for using Automatic Payments.
2. How do I set up Automatic Payments?
To enroll in Automatic Payments, go to Automatic Payments under the Payments tab. Enroll a checking account and follow the instructions.
3. When will payments made using Automatic Payments be credited to my account?
Payments made using Automatic Payments will be credited to your account as of your payment due date each month. If your payment due date is a Saturday, Sunday or federal holiday, your Automatic Payment will be credited to your account as of the payment due date but in some cases may not post until the day following your payment due date. Your available credit will reflect the Automatic Payment as of the date it is credited to your account.
4. Will a payment set up using Automatic Payments be credited to my account if I make another payment?
Your Automatic Payment for any billing cycle will be reduced by the amount of any payment that is credited to your account during that billing cycle.
5. How do I cancel or change a payment set up using Automatic Payments or revoke my authorization for Automatic Payments?
You may cancel an Automatic Payment, request a change to the Payment Amount you have selected, or revoke your authorization for Automatic Payments by calling us at 1-800-733-1732 during our business hours at least one business day prior to your payment due date in order for the cancellation, change or revocation to be effective for that payment. You may also revoke your authorization for Automatic Payments by clicking "Delete Automatic Payments" under the "Automatic Payments" tab. A revocation made in this manner by 5:00 p.m. (Central Time) on Monday through Friday, Saturday if it is the last day of the month, or Sunday will be effective that day, and if made after 5:00 p.m. (Central Time) on any of those days, it will be effective the next day. A revocation made in this manner on Saturday other than if it is the last day of the month, regardless of the time of day it is made, will be effective the next day. You may also stop payment of an Automatic Payment by notifying your bank orally or in writing at least three business days prior to your payment due date.
6. Do you charge any fee to make payments using Automatic Payments?
We do not charge any fee to make payments using Automatic Payments.
7. What happens to the payments I set up using Automatic Payments if my payment due date changes?
Payments set up using Automatic Payments will be credited to your account on the new payment due date beginning with the first payment due date following the change.
1. How can Customer Service assist me?
Customer Service can provide you with information about your 1st Financial Bank USA account(s) and assistance using 1FBUSA Online Services.
2. How do I contact 1FBUSA Customer Service?
There are two ways to contact Customer Service:
Customer Service representatives are available by telephone, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm CT and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CT excluding Federal holidays:
Call toll-free: 1-800-733-1732.
1st Financial Bank USA
Credit Card Service Center
P.O. Box 1200
North Sioux City, SD 57049
1st Financial Bank USA
Prepaid Card Service Center
P.O. Box 2000
North Sioux City, SD 57049
3. May I make a suggestion?
Several new features and services are under development and will be added to 1FBUSA Online Services in the coming months. Your feedback is very important. If you have a comment or suggestion for improving 1FBUSA Online Services, please let Customer Service know by sending a SecureMail message. We value your input.
1. Does 1FBUSA offer federal student loans?
As a result of changes to the Federal Family Education Loan Program that were mandated by the federal government, 1st Financial Bank USA and other private lenders are no longer able to provide Stafford Loans to students. Effective July 1, 2010, Stafford Loans may only be issued by the federal government through its Direct Loan Program.
For information about obtaining a new Stafford loan, contact the financial aid office at your college.
2. When does repayment of my Stafford Loan start?
Generally, you must begin making payments six months after you graduate, leave school, or drop below half-time enrollment. If your Stafford loan is unsubsidized, interest begins accruing from the date your loan is disbursed, although you are not required to begin paying that interest until six months after you graduate or are enrolled less than half-time. You may make periodic payments on the loan interest while you are in school, or defer payment of the interest until you begin repayment of the loan. If you decide not to pay the interest while you are in school, the interest is "capitalized". This means the interest is added to the principal.
You and our loan servicing agent, Great Lakes, will agree upon a repayment schedule before repayment begins. There are several repayment plans available to you. How much you pay each month and how long you take to repay your loan will vary depending on the plan you choose. Additional information about repayment options is available on the Federal Student Aid website.
If you are having difficulty making payments, contact Great Lakes immediately at 1-800-236-4300 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may qualify for a deferment, forbearance, or other form of payment relief that allows you to temporarily reduce or suspend your required payments.
3. Can I check my student loan account online?
You can check your account online at mygreatlakes.org.
4. Who do I contact if I have questions about my 1FBUSA student loans?